Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dilemma

To quit, or not to quit? That is the question...

I think I've decided (yes, after only two weeks) that this job is not the perfect fit for me.

I'm really not doing anything accounting related, and while I don't claim to be an expert, I have more than enough experience to at least warrant a little bit of confidence in my skills.

When I started at Mistura I was thrown in head first without a life vest. While I was beyond stressed, and slightly overwhelmed at first, it was FUN! The people, the environment, the customers, and the fact that little Coco could come with me were just some of the hundreds of perks I had there.

Although I was inexperienced, I felt respected, and I felt that they were beyond confident in my abilities. That made me feel good.

There's nothing here that makes me feel good. I'm not even trusted to make a check run to the bank for the owner (something I've done for previous employers since I was 16) without someone checking up on me. Oh, and did I mention I was on the floor for half an hour yesterday fixing a carpet?

I have every teensy little mistake pointed out to me - and not politely. And I'll be honest - I find I make silly little mistakes because it BORES me and I want to complete it as quickly as possible. If I'm not challenged and pushed, and learning new things, I'm not happy.

Who knows when I'll get the responsibilities I was described in my interview? Weeks? Months? YEARS?! god forbid... But am I willing to stick around to find out?

What would you do? Stay? Leave without having something else lined up? I don't want her to think I'm comfortable or happy here either.

Dilemma.

1 comment: