Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Something New

I started a new job this past Monday! 
 I'd love to say "so far, so good," but to be honest, I'd have to say I'm very unsure. 

I left my last job so that I could gain exposure to all the different areas of accounting I'll need in order to achieve my designation next year. However, so far I feel as if I'm being under-utilized. I know it's only the first few days and we're "taking things slowly" so I can learn the ropes around here, but so far everything I've been given to do is very administrative and not very accounting based. 
Hopefully that will change in the coming weeks. I wouldn't give up an opportunity without giving it a fair chance first. 

On the plus side, it does mean that I get to dress (or attempt to dress) corporate chic again... oh heels, cardigans and blazers, how I've missed you!

1 comment: